Community Health of East Tennessee, Inc. – Developmental Center
Community Health Developmental Center is an Adult Sheltered Workshop serving developmentally disabled adults. Individuals are provided with weekday vocational and developmental education and training, and a limited number of individuals are served through the residential program.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Vocational Training consists of completing subcontracted work for local companies by the program participants.
Some examples of contracted services include:
- We have a contract with the County Court Clerk offices in Jacksboro and Jellico in which we put together nut and bolts for license plates.
- Program participants receive earnings based on a sub minimum wage or piece rate for all work performed. The revenue generated from these contracts not only pays the wages the program participants but also supports the other services provided.
- Packaging Medical Supplies
- Balloon Packaging
- Stuffing Envelopes
- Developmental Education training emphasizes academic skills, fine and gross motor skills, social skills, self-help skills, independent living skills, safety and health issues and communication skills. Residential Services — Our agency currently has 4 supported living homes (Pratt, Kincaid, Watson-Dabney House, and Rook House). All of our residential homes are staffed 24 hours per day. All residents attend Community Health Developmental Center Monday through Friday from 8:30 am until 2:30 pm.
Enrollment Requirements: The primary requirement is that a person must be at least 18 years of age, have a full scale IQ of 69 or below with a primary diagnosis of Mental Retardation.
Partially funded by The State of Tennessee, Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
Missy Tackett, Chief Operating Officer
Community Health Development Center
470 Stone Mill Road
Jacksboro, TN 37757
Phone: 423.562.4289 Ext. 5