Community Health of East Tennessee Inc. - Support Programs
Family Services Programs
The Family Services Programs consists of a range of services to enable families to strengthen and heal from circumstances that may otherwise be devastating for the family unit. It is an opportunity to help families build bridges and support one another, and to hold each person accountable for their previous and future behaviors.
Housing - Community Health of East Tennessee, Inc. is in partnership with the Tennessee Valley Coalition to End Homelessness, to provide Permanent Supportive Housing for nine individuals or families who have been chronically or continuously homeless for a specific period of time. The housing units must be located in LaFollette.
Batterer's Intervention Program - Community Health of East Tennessee, Inc. provides a state approved Duluth Model curriculum of twenty-six weeks, with class sessions of two hours each. This program is offered for the Eighth Judicial District (Scott, Fentress, Campbell, Claiborne, and Union counties) and is located at 507 Main Street, Jacksboro, TN. This is a court ordered and fee-for-service program, offered to both men and women.
Supervised Visitation - Community Health of East Tennessee, Inc. provides a LIMITED number of supervised visitation opportunities for families where such services are court ordered. This is a fee-for-service program, and requires separate intake appointments for both the custodial parent and non-custodial parent before visits can be scheduled.
Phyllis Clingner, Chief Operating Officer
Family Community Partnerships
Community Health of East Tennessee Inc. has provided services to families and children since 1985.
- Family Life and Parent Education
- Parenting of Young Children
- Active Parenting of Teens™
- Parent Eduation Seminar
- 4-hr class for parents experiencing divorce and separation
- Community Health Mediation Services / Peaceful Resolution by Mediation
- Rule 31 Listed Family Mediators
- Mediating Family Issues
- Divorce Mediation
- Parenting Plan Mediation for Never Married Parents
- Parent Teen Family Mediation
- Victim Offender Conflict Resolution
- Interceding for Youth Needs and Services / In partnership with Juvenile Court
- Intends to serve youth and their families who have come within the jurisdiction of the juvenile court
- A Turn Around Alcohol and Drug Prevention and Education Program
Campbell County Imagination Library
Dolly Parton Imagination Library Books for Children 0 -5 years old.
To Report Child Abuse / Neglect call: 1.877.237.0004
Tennessee 24-hour Toll-Free Hotline Number
Nelsie Wooden, MS, COO
Rule 31 Listed Family Mediator
507 Main Street, P.O. Box 209
Jacksboro, TN 37757